"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ice, ice, baby

Well. It was certainly "fun" leaving the house this morning for the hospital when every news outlet was saying not to travel. Clearly the weather did not know I needed to get a cerclage! Seriously, how did I manage to have a surgical procedure scheduled on the coldest day ever?

But it was fine. The drive home was scary, as there was ice on the road, but Logan drove super slow. And we made it home in time before they closed the Interstate! Seriously, all major roads in the New Orleans area are now closed because of ice. Crazy crazy. I don't remember this happening ever in my 27 years of living here.

Anyway. The cerclage went fine! It was not fun for me, since I got a spinal (aka big needle in my back) and was freezing my butt off in the OR. And I went almost 15 hours without eating. And then I had a really hard time getting feeling back in my legs and being able to use the bathroom (which was a requirement before we were discharged). But it all ended up fine and the baby is good and we are so thankful it is over.

Speaking of the baby, we have a name! And I just have to share it with you because of what happened at the hospital. The nurse checked heart tones both before and after the cerclage, and the baby was in completely different positions - clearly he's an active baby. Which is totally appropriate because we're naming him Chase Michael. :) I thought that was funny!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and words of encouragement. We are truly thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...