"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, January 20, 2014

More than just a word

At the beginning of the year, a lot of people choose a "word of the year". You know, it's a word that they think about often and will inspire them for the rest of the year. And I think that's a good thing and even considered doing it myself - but I just had no clue what word I should choose. So I kind of forgot about it.

And then a word hit me upside the head (figuratively, of course) one day last week. And then one of my good friends wrote a blog post the next day and talked about this same word, which further reinforced that this was my word. It really is the perfect one for me this year….especially if the last couple weeks are any indication of how the rest of 2014 will go.

My word? Trust. Trust that our baby will be okay, trust that our bills will be paid, trust that whatever happens is exactly what God has planned for us. I'm not going to lie - there has been a lot to worry about lately (I really don't want want to bore you with the details), and even though God has given Logan and myself consolations along the way (thank you, Lord), there have been many, many times where I can't help but think, "Can we just get a little break? Please?"

So yeah. My word this year is trust. Feel free to remind me of that! ;)

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust that God will act." – Psalm 37:5 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are seeing a doctor who respects (and maybe even agrees with) your wishes on these things. Doctors should not pressure people to make decisions which contradict their morals, and too often this is the case. Also, congrats on the new nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the results of this test! Let's hope for smooth sailing as baby boy continues to grow big and strong!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...