"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, January 27, 2014

Nerves and poop. But not together.

I know I've been through this whole cerclage thing before, but…I'm so nervous. I'd be more nervous without the cerclage, so I guess I need to think of it that way, but it's still nerve wracking.

In addition to prayers for us and the baby, I'd like to ask for prayers that we make it home safely tomorrow. Because apparently southeast Louisiana is expecting some winter weather that rarely happens (snow!), and the worst of it is supposed to happen in the afternoon and evening - when we will hopefully be heading home from the hospital. My procedure is in the morning. I'm really worried about road closures. Ahh.

I don't know what else to say, soooo….how about a potty training story?

Over the weekend (while Logan was at work…he misses all the fun), I could tell Landon needed to poop, so we hurried to the potty. Where he sat for 10 minutes, occasionally saying "poo poo." But he did nothing. Then he stood up and I figured he had been sitting there long enough, so I was about to go get another diaper. Landon decided to poop right then and there, on the bathroom floor, just inches from his potty. I hurried and put him on the potty, where he finished pooping, but most of it was already on the floor.

So now I'm wondering how to get Landon to poop while sitting down, because clearly he'd rather poop while standing up. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Landon has always been the independent type since around his first birthday, and he keeps getting more and more independent. Yesterday he didn't even want me to wipe his booty - he wanted to do it himself. Oy vey. But I'm hoping that just means he will be potty trained before his younger brother gets here! Less than 6 months to go :)

4 comments:

  1. We will pray! You will have a very young diaper-free kid very soon!! But yeah...I guess for kids who can poop (or pee) standing up for so long, being forced to sit is something totally new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as baby doesn't arrive on July 26th, right?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So maybe next time you could rethink a toilet picture and a chocolate face next to one another? My gag reflex was ahead of my reading comprehension skills. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Sorry, I didn't even think about that!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...