"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 14: cerclage next week!

I had an appointment with Dr. H yesterday (ummm, yes, I would have an early appointment on the coldest day in southeast Louisiana. I don't know how you northerners do it.), and since I've been having so many ultrasounds, it was actually the first time I've had an actual exam. He started by feeling my belly and checking for a heartbeat with the Doppler, and he asked if I had a fibroid - he thought he felt one. Which is weird because he actually thought that at my annual exam last summer, and I had an ultrasound done which found no fibroid. And with all the ultrasounds I've had done this pregnancy (okay, maybe it's just been 4? feels like a dozen though), nobody has noticed a fibroid…out of 2 techs and 2 doctors. So yeah. Weird.

But it really makes me wonder because I've noticed sometimes (particularly when my bladder is full) that my uterus is really lopsided. Like freakishly so. Hmmm.

Anyway, after Dr. H checked my cervix, he said, "There's plenty of cervix left." Whew. I initially had my cerclage scheduled for Thursday (since they told me it was the only day he could do it), but Dr. H pulled some strings and had it moved up to Tuesday. He doesn't want to "push our luck." And I totally agree.

The last few days, I've noticed my uterus tensing up every now and then, and although I totally had this problem with Landon (seriously, Braxton-Hicks for at least half the pregnancy), it makes me especially nervous this time because it's starting a couple weeks earlier. So I will just make sure I drink plenty and eat enough. Please say a prayer for me about this - the morning sickness is starting to subside but my appetite still SUCKS. I can't seem to gain weight despite being 14 weeks along and weighing less than I have during our entire marriage.

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it, but my official due date is July 24. It's a few days sooner than what I was thinking, but oh well.

I would also like to mention how awesome it is to be able to refer to our baby as "he" instead of "it" or something. We've almost decided on a name, but until we officially decide, it's at least fun knowing our baby is a boy.

Stay warm, everybody. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...