"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, January 18, 2014

When it rains, it pours. But then there's sunshine!

Y'all. It's been a rough week. And it wasn't just the worrying/waiting/anticipating everything with our baby. Other things came up that added to the emotional roller coaster that this last week or so has been - a health scare with Logan (ummm, finding your husband passed out in the bathroom is not something I wish on anyone) and issues with his work that will likely stress our finances a lot this month. On Thursday night, I was pretty much done. I knew God was working through all of the craziness, but I just didn't know how much more I could take.

So. Although I was definitely thinking about getting my blood test results, I wasn't stressing too much about it, because you hear all the time about people getting false negatives and false positives. But when I talked to Dr. H on Tuesday, he told me that the blood test I had drawn is actually pretty accurate...about 98-99%. It's called the MaterniT21. (My guess is that it's super expensive as well, but we'll find out soon enough. Sigh.) It's the quad screen that has more false test results, in case you were curious. 

All of that being said, it made me realize that finding out the test results was kind of a big deal. We would have some serious things to consider if it came back positive. And although a negative result wouldn't necessarily mean there was nothing wrong with our baby, it would still be considered good news for now.

Then Dr. H called me again yesterday. The results of the blood test? Normal! We are going to put in the cerclage soon - not this coming week, but the next. I already had an appointment scheduled for Friday, so we're keeping that and will do the cerclage the week after. Dr. H thinks we're going to be fine, and it actually seemed like he wasn't going to push the amniocentesis - although he did say Dr. C was still worried about some other chromosomal abnormality. I won't be surprised if she really pushes the amnio later on.

The blood test also checked the sex chromosome for abnormalities, which means we found out if our baby is a boy or girl! I knew the test screened for sex chromosomal abnormalities - it just didn't register in my brain that we would find out the gender. I was definitely thrown off guard when Dr. H asked if I wanted to know the sex.

Logan and I had already talked about doing a gender reveal, since we haven't done one before, so I handed the phone over to my sister-in-law, Lindsey, so Dr. H could tell her the gender. Thankfully I was visiting my adorable nieces when he called! We're having an impromptu gender reveal party tomorrow, so you know I will update this here blog once we find out. :)

As hard as this week was, I'm so thankful we had some good news thrown in. And I can't believe we're about to find out if we're having a boy or girl! I'm only 13 weeks! Crazy, crazy.

Thank you all so much for the prayers! We feel so blessed and loved by each and every one of you.

No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it. – 1 Corinthians 10:13

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making the time to keep everyone on the loop throughout the entire process. You're great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...