"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, February 16, 2014

7 Quick Takes (vol.12)

It's Sunday, yes. But that's not stopping me!
I don't know why, but the movie Ratatouille is the only movie that Landon will watch from beginning to end. He loses interest in all the classics - Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King. What is up with that? Honestly, though, I still am not sick of Ratatouille despite watching it every day for about 2 weeks now. I cannot explain that.
2014 is not treating us very kindly when it comes to the finances. Repairs on both cars, broken garbage disposal, doctor appointments (not just for me, but Logan too). Minor things, but you when you add to that the fact that we will likely owe lots of money for taxes this year (don't get me started on that, ugh!) and we were hoping to buy a (used, of course) minivan before Chase arrives….well, it's pretty frustrating. I've thought about working when I can (I haven't gone to work since November) but Logan doesn't like me leaving the house often - much less to work. So, I have to remind myself that God provides. Somehow, we still have managed to pay the bills. Something else I cannot explain!
I finally picked up my crochet hook the other day and it has sparked a little bit of motivation in me to keep with it. I would post a picture of what I made, but it's a gift that has not been given yet and I'm not entirely sure if that friend reads this. I can include this picture, though…my little copycat.


I've been learning more about essential oils lately and although I only own 2 at the moment, I plan (as soon as I finish saving money) to start incorporating more oils into our lives. I'm pretty darn excited about that.
Last week was the week of motivation all around because I actually planned some fun things for my CCD class. These were the valentines I made them…
I got the idea from Catholic Icing but just picked my own verse based on the candy Logan had picked up for me. 5th graders still love getting valentines, by the way (even the boys!). ;)
It needs to be mentioned that I TOTALLY MISS just being able to go for a walk with Landon and Marley. Thank you, incompetent cervix. People think I'm crazy when I say I'm ready for Baby Chase to get here but they just don't realize I will be able to do a lot more (or maybe I should say Logan will let me do more) with a baby outside of my belly than inside of my belly (here's to hoping Chase is not a difficult baby!).
Prayers are still appreciated regarding the pregnancy because I started feeling queasy again this past week, and I am also becoming more aware of dang contractions. I guess that's what happens when my uterus gets bigger (I'm 17 weeks along). The good news is, though, that I've been feeling Chase move more the last few days and could even feel him yesterday from the outside of my belly for the first time. Love love love this baby boy. :)

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...