"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lent. Don't you dare sneak up on me!


Lent is, like, next week. Seriously? I know it's been earlier in the year before but why does it always appear out of nowhere?

But of course it always, always, always comes at the perfect time. [I just looked back to see what I blogged about last Lent and it appears that last year was preparing me for this year! Too funny.]

Teaching CCD to 5th graders has been a blessing in many ways, and I'm so glad I had their "homework" assignment be to think about what they wanted to do during Lent. Because then that made me think about it ahead of time myself instead of going, "Oh crap! It's Mardi Gras. What am I going to do for Lent?!" I'm not usually a procrastinator, but somehow I always end up waiting until the last minute to decide! Not this year, my friends.

This seems like the perfect time to tell you all what I plan on doing for Lent, but I've always found that a little, well, weird. Because we're all at different places, and what I may be doing may be really silly to someone else or perhaps a bit too much. So yeah. Let's just say I'm giving up something as well as doing something extra!

And because I may or may not be taking the easy way out with this blogging challenge by sharing more links, here are a few ideas for what you can do during Lent:
Joining Jen for 7 Posts in 7 Days. Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...