"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, February 24, 2014

Stressed? Yes. But blessed!

I'm writing 7 posts in 7 days! Thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for the challenge. I'm slightly nervous at posting ridiculous things for lack of ideas because when have I ever posted every single day in one week? Not ever, I don't think.

I promise I won't be blogging about my pregnancy woes all week. But today? Well, sorry. I will be.

Let me just first say that Logan and I feel so so so blessed by this new little baby boy in utero so please do not misunderstand my "complaining" for ungratefulness. Definitely not the case.

It has just been hard. I know I kind of explained a little last week that Logan and I have both been stressed. Logan has been busy with work and other things, so when you throw housework on top of that…it's a lot to handle. It was definitely easier last pregnancy because it didn't take much for him to keep the house clean and not too piled up with dirty dishes and laundry - we didn't have a toddler running around adding to the chaos.

While Landon certainly keeps me from getting bored, it's been hard keeping him occupied. I'm not a fan of kids watching a lot of TV, but unfortunately that's what gets us through the day sometimes. Landon loves movies, thankfully, and we finally found another one that he will watch from beginning to end (other than Ratatouille)…Rio. Cute, cute movie. We've been reading and doing puzzles and having picnics in the living room too (I should do all of that more often, honestly), but most days I just really feel like I'm being a sucky mom. But I don't know exactly what to do about it because I can't just take him to the zoo or for a walk or anything like that. Sigh.

Oh, and Landon has started to boycott naps most days. Perfect timing, right? No.

So all of that is making me really wonder how we would survive any subsequent pregnancies. It really stinks, because we want more kids and have always had the "whatever happens, happens" mindset…but seriously, the stress level some days is just too much. I know it might be different once Landon (and Chase, God-willing) is older, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't think I'll ever be "done" having kids unless God says otherwise, but I'm thinking we may need to consider spacing in the future. Or just adopt. Or both. I don't know. I suppose that's a post for another day…

And I haven't even mentioned the cramping and contractions and "oh crap should I call the doctor?" moments. Every now and then I will have a good day (like last Thursday), and then other days will be sooo not fun. Over the weekend I was cramping for an hour, so I took Procardia - it was the first time I've had to take it since I saw Dr. C on Wednesday, because I'd rather not take more medicine unless it's necessary. And yes, yesterday it was necessary. At first I didn't think about seeing if the cramping was happening in regular intervals (we had company over and I was distracted), but once I took Procardia I decided to pay attention. Every 8 freaking minutes. Eventually the cramping subsided, but it took longer than I would have liked and seriously…I'm 18 weeks pregnant. What. the. heck.

I've been trying to drink water and water and more water, and it does help with the Braxton Hicks contractions. But then that means I have to pee every 30 minutes because a full bladder causes contractions. And then sometimes I just still have contractions and cramping regardless of what I do and it's pretty darn frustrating. There have been days where I tried to do at least something productive - like clean the bathroom or bake - and then later in the day is when I have problems. Not sure if it's coincidence or not.

So yeah. That's been our life lately. And thankfully we have wonderful family and friends that help out when they can. We've gotten some free meals (which is seriously the best thing right now) and my friends even cleaned the house once when they came over for a play date. Yeah, even in the midst of craziness, Logan and I are blessed.


2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping up! Not commenting like I wish, but know I'm praying for little Chase. Just relax- I know, easier said then done and NOT fair for me to say. I just want you to know that this is a small season of life. You will be "Jen" again soon! A July baby was delightful! Enjoy all you can!!! I will pray pray pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! You're so right. I just read somewhere that the 9 months we carry a baby is NOTHING compared to the years we will have them with us…so I need to dwell on that fact. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...