"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, March 24, 2014

A weekend retreat

Logan and I went on a marriage retreat this past weekend! And it was so great and perfect and just what we needed. Seriously. Now just consider me Jen, your newest advocate for marriage retreats. Grab your spouse and go on one. Right now.

I've rewritten this a couple times because I have a tendency to get carried away so I will refrain and just leave it at this - Logan and I had a lovely 42 hours where we didn't have to worry about anything - no cooking, no cleaning, no diaper changes, nothing! Just us and a weekend to focus on God and spend time in prayer and celebrating the Sacraments. We were able to talk about some important things and really focus on our relationship and our family life together with no distractions.

22-week belly shot during one of our couple reflection times. The place is beautiful!
If you're in the southeast Louisiana area, totally check out this website to see more about the retreat we went on. The second I saw it, I was like YEP, WE'RE GOING. And as soon as I decided that, God made it happen. For real. God is good like that. So just leave it up to Him! (Super big thanks to my parents for staying with Landon and Marley!)


We're hoping to make this an annual thing because we realized just how important it is to have time away together, especially in such a quiet and prayerful setting. And I seriously can't recommend it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...