"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hey y'all. We're rich. (Not financially, but who cares?)

God has really been providing for us lately. For reals. I know I said in one of my quick takes that 2014 hasn't been fun financially…so I figured I should explain what God's been doing in the midst of that.

In January, we had almost $700 worth of car repairs between both of our vehicles. It was a really bad week all around. It was also the same week that Logan had his health scare, so he missed a day of work for that. And then there was another issue that made him miss even more work that week. (He does have PTO days but he also makes tips…so not working means no tips.)

Sooo needless to say, I wasn't sure how we would swing the $700. But lo and behold, we received an unexpected check in the mail from our insurance company…that was almost $700. I kid you not.

We've also been waiting to be reimbursed $300 because of some confusion with our health benefits, and let me tell you, $300 is a big deal - especially when it's money that Logan earned and we need to pay bills. So last week I realized we still had to pay our mortgage this month but we didn't have quite enough in checking (we do have savings but need that for a used minivan purchase! And stupid taxes.). But lo and behold, as Logan was cleaning out the kitchen, he came across some hidden cash that we forgot about…that was over $300.

I'm telling you, God provides. After working once a week since Landon was born, I haven't worked since November. Over 3 months. And we really used/needed that income. I've been considering working occasionally to help with finances and was actually asked to work this week because they were in a bind...but Logan REFUSED to let me. Even though my supervisor said I would be stationary as much as possible. But thankfully Logan's previous boss needed his help this week too, so he put some extra hours in.

[I wrote this post several days ago, but this part I'm adding before publishing….yesterday we received a bunch of EOB's from our insurance company, both for Logan (his health scare) and for me (pregnancy, of course). And the grand total we owe is close to $2,000. I'm so glad I didn't immediately freak out, because it turns out we have enough money in our HSA to cover all of that. Thankfully, Logan's job regularly puts money into it, so although we haven't managed to contribute in quite awhile, we are still good! For now. ;)]

I always think how much easier it would be if there was a little more leeway in our budget, but then I think about how much we have learned by living the way we do (no cable, no new cars, cash envelope system, etc.). It gives us the opportunity to trust Him daily and to really focus on the important things. And of course being able to to spend every day with Landon has been irreplaceable. God has truly blessed us.

"My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." – Phillipians 4:19

Last day of 7 Posts in 7 Days! Alleluia! (Gotta say it before Lent starts, ya know) 

3 comments:

  1. I started month 2 of the cash envelope system yesterday. It makes such a difference.

    Hope y'all are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it totally makes a difference! Come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's incredible how God works to provide just when we think all is lost. I've heard other stories of people finding money, receiving gifts, or happening into cash (for whatever reason) unexpectedly. SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...