"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thank God for good daddies

Since today is the feast of St. Joseph, and he is the patron of fathers, I thought I'd dedicate a post to a very special man….the father of my children, Logan.

When I was pregnant with Levi, Logan was always worried about me, even though things were going perfectly (for the first 5 months, anyway). He worries a lot…but mostly about me and our babies. So you can imagine how stressful pregnancy is for him now that we have legitimate concerns.


Although he drives me crazy some days because he doesn't want me doing anything, Logan has been working SO hard. He doesn't exactly like his job at the moment, but he goes to work 5-6 days a week, and he even works on his off days - either at his old job, on his video business, or cleaning the house. Seriously, the man is amazing.

Don't believe me? Here's a before shot of our guest room (which has kind of turned into a dumping ground for clean laundry):


I left the house to visit a friend at the hospital who just had a baby, and when I came back, our guest room looked like this:


Most of the clothes were put away in our room upstairs, and all that was left on the futon were our jackets/sweatshirts and Landon's [folded] clothes in the basket. I love him. So much.


Because Logan has been pushed to the limit these last few months, I've been asking for St. Joseph's intercession a lot. And I have totally seen answers to prayers. One night I was just FED UP with Logan's constant worrying and stressing (sorry, babe, it's true), and although I didn't talk to him that day about it because he was at work, I prayed and journaled about it. Then the next day, Logan randomly told me he decided that for the rest of Lent, he wouldn't tell me what to do or not to do while pregnant.

And the first thing I said (after I picked my jaw up off the ground) was, "Did you read my journal?" To which he responded no, and I had to laugh because it was like my prayer was  answered the next day. Logan said the thought just came to him.

So. Pray for St. Joseph's intercession! He's totally there to help.

And shout out to my daddy, the smartest guy I know, whose birthday is this week!

St. Joseph, pray for us!

1 comment:

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...