"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 21, 2014

Week 22: I like the glass half full

My body decided to cooperate this week! Yay. I saw Dr. H today, and he said there was plenty of cervix left, and Chase's heartbeat was good (he said it was a girl heartbeat. funny.).

Dr. H isn't concerned about the heart issue (it's a VSD, by the way, for inquiring minds) because it very well could resolve itself after birth. Plus, I'm getting a fetal echo done in a few weeks. And he's not worried about the placenta thing either because if anything, I'm measuring bigger than I should be - which means Chase is growing fine. I did ask what I could do to help my placenta, and he said lying down more. So as soon as Landon understands that concept, we'll be good. Ha. ;)

I had to laugh because Dr. H said Dr. C usually sees the glass as half empty (which is normal for high-risk docs, I'm sure). And thankfully Dr. H sees the glass as half full. That's why I love him.

Basically, he said we're not going to have the same problem as before, with my cervix dilating early and going into preterm labor. Thank goodness.

So yay. Things are good. I have been leaking urine involuntarily, which hasn't happened ever before (sorry, TMI), but Dr. H checked just to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid. Which it isn't. Whew.

Aaaaand I think that's it. Thank you so much for the prayers!

P.S. Please pray for a dear friend of mine who lost a baby yesterday.

1 comment:

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...