"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Five Favorites (vol. 3) - Quotes edition

I was this close to writing one of my crazy talk posts yesterday, because my body just sucks at this whole pregnancy thing and that makes my mind crazy. Instead of rambling on about how I will lose my sanity, I've instead decided to share some quotes that have really spoken to my heart lately. Here are 5 of my favorites that I've come across recently!

1. "To fully flourish, we must place God at the forefront." - Father Robert Barron

If you're not subscribed to Fr. Barron's Lenten meditations, you should be. 

2. "The soul ought to strip itself of all things created in order to arrive at the state of abandonment." - Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

How appropriate for Lent, eh?

3. "Maybe we're forced to wait because God wants us to seriously reconsider the course we've charted, to stop hurtling down a dangerous road." - Father Robert Barron

This was from today's meditation. Something to think about for sure!

4. "St. Joseph was an ordinary sort of man on whom God relied to do great things. He did exactly what the Lord wanted him to do, in each and every event that went to make up his life." - St. Josemaria Escriva

I've grown in my love for St. Joseph recently, and I think people tend to forget about him because he was just an ordinary guy. I know I did! But seriously, he's awesome. If we have another son, I'm fairly certain we will use the name Joseph for a first or middle name (it was our second choice for Chase's middle name!). 

5"When spiritual joy fills hearts, the Serpent throws off his deadly poison in vain. The devils cannot harm the servant of Christ when they see he is filled with holy joy." - St. Francis of Assisi

I feel like the devil is on my back lately so the whole "joy" thing is something to strive for and definitely something I need to be aware of. SATAN, YOU SUCK. St. Michael has my back ;) (SO glad we chose St. Michael as Chase's patron!)

Go check out some more five favorites!

 P.S. Heading to both doctors tomorrow, so hopefully all will be well! Prayers appreciated as usual.

3 comments:

  1. Praying! And here I am whining about how my body just seems to LOVE being pregnant....will it be 41 weeks AGAIN!?!?!?!??!
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, maybe Emerson will surprise you :) Praying for you in these few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quotes! I love great words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...