"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Five Favorites (vol. 4) - High-risk pregnancy edition

Loyal readers of this here blog (all 10 of you ;)) know that my pregnancies aren't a walk in the park. And I'm trying really really really hard not to dwell on that. Two of the best gifts have come out of my last 2 pregnancies - a saint in Heaven (Levi) and a super entertaining toddler (Landon) - so I know it will soooo be worth it once Chase is here.

That being said, today I'm going to focus on the positives (it's soooo hard sometimes) and share some of my favorite things about having a high-risk pregnancy. Linking up with Hallie!

1. Frequent doctor visits

Okay, so this is technically also a negative to a high-risk pregnancy, because seriously, I would loooove to just visit the doctor once a month. But since that's not going to happen, I have to say it's pretty cool to check on our baby boy so often. I have an ultrasound every time I see Dr. C, and Dr. H always checks Chase's heartbeat with the doppler. It makes my heart happy.

2. Hobbies

Since I can't do as much cleaning, cooking, and housework, exercise is totally off-limits, and I try to limit our car rides/errands as much as possible (read: we stay home A LOT), I have more time to spend on hobbies. So I've been able to read, write/blog, and crochet more than I normally would when not pregnant.

3. Friendships

I feel like I've gotten a lot closer to my friends lately, as well as become friends with people who I used to consider just acquaintances. And I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have more time to text and talk to people on the phone. I also think the fact that so many people are praying for us and baby Chase has helped foster friendships as well - we always have people checking in on us, asking how everything is going and reassuring us of their prayers. We truly, truly are blessed by the wonderful people in our life.

4. Volunteer

This one might not make much sense at first glance….really, Jen, you volunteer right now? Are you crazy, girlfriend?

Let me just say I'm not cleaning our church or running a 5K to raise money. No. I am still teaching CCD at my church, although we're almost done for the year, and I have been able to plan my lessons better the past few months.

Logan and I also just agreed to be in charge of a silent auction for a fundraising dinner in October, which means we will be busy from now until then. Okay, so maybe I am crazy…

Seriously, though, running an auction can be a lot of work, but I fully plan to delegate a lot. And although we just started helping this past month, I've already been able to focus a good deal on it because I just sit in my recliner and work on auction stuff. (If anybody wants to donate something to it, let me know!) I have many friends with 2-4 kids who homeschool at least one of them, and obviously, they have their hands full. All I'm doing right now for the most part is trying to rest as much as possible and entertain a toddler. The least I can do is bug people for donations and keep all the paperwork for the auction organized. Right? Right.

5. Cuddle time

One of the best things about not being able to do much during pregnancy is that I'm able to enjoy Landon more, cuddling him as much as possible (he is such an affectionate little boy and I love it). Yes, I still have my moments where I'm trying to pay bills and he's trying to "color" some important papers and I'm all like WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP? But for the most part, I've spent more time cuddling, watching movies, and doing things with Landon than I have since he was weaned. Makes me realize how important it is to take advantage of this time because it won't last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...