"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Making it work

I'm pleased to report that my contractions have been much, much less. Yes, I still have them every day, and yes, some of them still make me go whoaaaa, but overall, there is an improvement. Praise God. I'm not sure what to attribute that to, because I've made a few changes - increased Procardia, taking JuicePlus, laying down more often. Plus we have all of you awesome folks praying. So, let's just say it's a combination of all of the above.

Although I will never ever ever get over the fact that I can't do nearly as much as I would like to while pregnant, I'm trying my best to be okay with that. And I've gotten a little creative in the process.

Exhibit A:
My parents had the fridge sitting unused in their garage, so now it's in our living room! Until this here baby boy is born. As much as I'm trying to lie down more, just getting up to use the bathroom every hour (at least!) and going to the kitchen to fulfill our nutrition needs is a lot. So, the fewer the trips to the kitchen, the better. Landon and I each have our own turquoise organizer full of snacks (which is silly, really, because he has to eat everything I eat), and the zipper pouch in the middle has napkins and plastic utensils (which I hate using, but um, survival mode).

Aren't you proud? No? Then don't tell me. I'm on an optimistic roll.

Unless you want me to explain how I should have reduced purgatory time because, um, staring at the dirtiest floors ever all day knowing you can't do anything about them? Torture. Just saying.

Anywayyyyy.

I have been feeling more pressure the last couple of days, so let's all say a prayer that it's not my cerclage pulling apart. We'll find out soon enough - I see Dr. C tomorrow.

"God never sends us a thorn in our lives that he doesn't send a rose to bloom." -St. Catherine of Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...