"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 26 (+4 days): maybe I'm crazier this time around

I saw Dr. H today, and it's always a pleasure because he's awesome and makes me feel better. He reminds me of my parish priest - old, wise, and sympathetic. Which is what every pregnant woman needs in her life.

He checked my cervix manually (most women are checked only towards the end but I'm one of the lucky ones who gets checked all.throughout.pregnancy.), and thankfully, there is plenty left. My uterus is measuring 28 weeks, which actually isn't as bad as I was expecting. Dr. H said the same thing as Dr. C - sometimes the fluid issue doesn't have a cause. So, hopefully I will fall into that category.

My contractions seem to be getting stronger these days, and I realized over the weekend that most (although not all) of them happen when I'm standing up. Lovely. So I've kind of been wondering - and stressing - about when I need to call the doctor, and what's going to happen if my contractions get too strong and regular and end up pulling my cerclage and ohmygosh why can't the contractions just stop?

So. Dr. H said I need to call if my contractions are 5-10 minutes apart for an hour. They've definitely been that close together, but I don't think they've lasted for a full hour and let's hope they don't anytime soon. He did say I could take Ibuprofen to knock them out if they get really bad, but that's only safe for another month or so. I just hate taking medicine period, especially during pregnancy, but the Procardia has proved to work since my contractions tend to pick up close to when I need to take it again. You better believe I'll pop an Ibuprofen if I have contractions 5 minutes apart because I really really really don't want a premature baby.

Dr. H wants us to get to 34 weeks, and if I'm having too many contractions at that point, he'd probably take the cerclage out. It's nerve-wracking enough to be at risk for preterm labor but to think that my cervix is stitched up makes it just a little more nerve-wracking. Because um, I don't want to dilate with a cerclage…ouch.

Anyway. I'm sure I seem slightly crazy at times because I can't help but be nervous. Dr. H called me "a bundle of nerves" and gave me a hug because maybe I was asking too many questions? I don't know why I feel crazier this time around, because my cervix was much stupider last time. But I feel like I've had more scares this time as far as contractions and all. I don't know.

Well. I didn't mean to sound crazy while writing this post so let me just assure you that I'm sane. Most of the time. I'm just frustrated at all the contractions and super nervous that Chase is going to come early. So, prayers for peace would be appreciated. :)

Aaaaand just for those of you wondering, I have not been put on bed rest - I'm assuming because my cervix is still okay - but I have definitely been making more of an effort to lie down most of the day. Logan and I have been thinking of ways to minimize my standing when he's not home, so he has a nice little "to do" list of things before he leaves for work…like making sure my water bottle is filled up, I have snacks within reach, etc. Every little bit helps!

"Cast yourself into the arms of God and be very sure that if He wants anything of you, He will fit you for the work and give you strength." - St. Philip Neri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...