"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Week 26: we're staying positive

We'll start with this adorable face….
Clearly, Chase does not have cleft lip. And Dr. C is 90% sure he doesn't have cleft palate - he was moving a lot (again) and sometimes the tongue blocks the view of the hole. So yeah, his mouth looked good from what she could tell. Whew.

This is Chase giving Dr. C the finger after she repeatedly called him a troublemaker for moving so much. ;) But she did say he was "so damn cute." Ha. I have to agree.

My fluid level is still high, but I guess the good news about it is that it didn't get any higher. Dr. C said half of women with too much amniotic fluid never find out what was the cause. It's still possible there's an issue with his stomach, but again, we wouldn't know until he's born and starts throwing up after he eats. But that would be a problem that can be fixed, thankfully.

Now, about my cervix….it has been a champ this entire pregnancy - unlike last time with Landon. I guess the little episode on Tuesday wasn't completely harmless, because now my cervix is a little open. My cerclage is still intact, thankfully, and is basically keeping my cervix from opening any more. With Landon one of the stitches had popped so I'm glad that's not the case this time (yet).

I told Dr. C how I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time, and she looked at me like I was crazy and said I wasn't having Braxton-Hicks….that I was actually in mild preterm labor. Sounds bad but surprisingly she didn't say anything about bed rest. She did tell me to start taking Procardia every 8 hours and that it would help. I sure hope so! 

I see Dr. H on Monday so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks about everything.

All things considering, we're happy with today's outcome. Yes, my stupid cervix is stupid and I wish I would stop having so many dang contractions, but we've hit the 26-week mark and Chase is growing - 2 lbs, 2 oz, by the way - and so far all of the defects have been ruled out.

Which reminds me…Dr. C did not seemed convinced that Chase doesn't have a VSD. The cardiologist didn't see one last week, but Dr. C still thinks he needs to be checked after birth. So yeah. I'm still not worried too much about that because even if it is there, it will likely resolve on its own. Gotta think positive, baby.

Thank you all so much for the prayers for our sweet little [troublemaker] Chase Michael. :)

2 comments:

  1. He looks just like Landon! We are happy for your good news and will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I think he looks like Landon too :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...