"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

We'll take it!

I had a fetal echo done this morning to check Chase's heart. Dr. C had actually referred me because of my 12-week ultrasound, even though she couldn't see his heart well until my 20-week one. And the cardiologist today didn't see anything! Yay! The doctor did say it's hard to see a tiny VSD (which Dr. C thought she saw), and even if Chase ends up having one, it's pretty likely that it will close on its own. So he doesn't think I need to do another fetal echo - our pediatrician would hear a VSD (if it's there) once Chase is born.
I think obstetricians should have toys in their waiting rooms. Just saying. (And they played a movie for Landon in the exam room!)
We're very grateful for the good news! Honestly, I wasn't too concerned about the heart thing, but it's still a relief to rule it out. Now, if only we can figure out what's causing this dang fluid problem. I see Dr. C again next week so hopefully she can get a good look at Chase's mouth.

In other news, there have been moments where the Braxton-Hicks contractions are relentless and I had a freak out moment yesterday where my stitch was pulling more than it has before and I could not move for a full minute. Um, yeah. Not cool. I was even sitting down at the time! Thankfully, I haven't been cramping or anything, and Chase is still swimming away (the tech doing the fetal echo called him a fish). Sooo let's hope it's just my fluid-filled uterus pressing on my cervix and not my body getting ready to have a baby wayyyy too early.
Eating lunch after our appointment!
"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear; rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, where you are, will deliver you out of them." - Saint Francis de Sales

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to borrow The Sinner's Guide sometime, if you don't mind?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it on Kindle so if you have one too I can loan it to you electronically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Hooray!
    Y'all are so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...