"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Yay for new saints!

I wish I had some amazing story about how JPII impacted my life, but I don't. Of course he totally did impact my life, I just don't have a specific story about it. It's okay though!

JPII died a few weeks before I graduated high school, so my memories of him are mainly when his health was declining. But I still remember being inspired at everything he did in his last few years of life…talk about living life to the fullest. And it was so clear to me how much he was doing for the Church.


This is in our bedroom. Love love love.

I'm a big fan of quotes, especially by saints and Catholic writers, so I guess you could say I have a collection, because I totally write them down if I find them inspiring (is that nerdy? Oh well). Been doing that since high school…so I kind of have 2 notebooks of quotes. And I often end my blog posts with a quote (if you haven't noticed!).

I know I have several quotes from Saint John Paul II, and as I was looking for them, I found one by Saint John XXIII that I had written down! So neat. These two men obviously deserve to be saints - their words have inspired me for years.

The fact that it's Divine Mercy Sunday just makes everything better. The Divine Mercy chaplet is one of my favorite devotions, and St. Faustina is one of my favorite saints…if you haven't read her diary, you should. It's long, but I love it.

Pope Saint John XXIII, Pope Saint John Paul II, and Saint Faustina... pray for us!


"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do." – Saint John XXIII
"There is no place for selfishness – and no place for fear! Do not be afraid, then, when love makes demands. Do not be afraid when love requires sacrifice." – Saint John Paul II
"Faithful submission to the will of God, always and everywhere, in all events and circumstances of life, gives great glory to God." - Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...