"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, May 8, 2014

10 years ago. Don't laugh.

On May 8, 2004, Logan got down on one knee (oh yes he did) and asked me to be his girlfriend. We were juniors in high school. And we lived happily ever after.

Right. Seriously, though, we did start dating exactly 10 years ago. And although it's been one hell of a ride - both before marriage and especially during marriage - I feel so, so blessed to have met my other half so early in life.

And now for some embarrassing photos, okay? Lots of them. You're welcome. Thankfully, we've gotten better looking with age (in my opinion, anyway...although we still look like we're in high school...but whatev).
Oh my.
 Ring Night a couple weeks after we started dating. Babe, I'm so glad you changed your hair style ;) And I'm so glad I changed my wardrobe! Yikes.
We did a lot our senior year…zoo, aquarium, Six Flags, you name it.

 Sadie Hawkins dance
 Homecoming dance. Logan has always been the romantic one.
January 2005
A fundraiser dance for our youth group
 We both ran track our senior year (cross country too)
At Abbeyfest, a super cool retreat for teens
Prom
 High school graduation night

Our senior trip
August 2005
March 2006….on our way to a retreat
 June 2006
July 2006. My 20th birthday!
August 2006. A perfect representation of our relationship ;)
I'm not sure of the dates of these next 3…2007?


Goofing around at the bowling alley
We've been volunteering at the Buddy Walk (fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Association of the Greater New Orleans) every year since we started dating. (Well, Logan still does. I just go and enjoy the fun with Landon!) This was October 2007.
Easter 2008
I know we totally don't look old enough to be drinking wine, but I promise, we were 21. This was actually at my family reunion in Memphis in June 2008…where Logan asked my dad for permission to ask me to marry him! I had no idea.
The night Logan proposed! July 30, 2008

It's been a fun and interesting 10 years, that's for sure. And because I like to torture you with old pictures, I'll save all the pictures from our 10-month engagement for another day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! And love that I've seen about 8.5 years of this evolve first hand. :-p

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...