"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Just survivin'

I've been at a loss for words with this blogging thing lately. Life has been eventful and not eventful all at the same time. So my brain has been all like uhhhhhhh. I know that doesn't make sense.

Today was Logan's first day off work all month. Yes, that includes weekends. 2 straight weeks of him going to work, and me sitting my butt on the couch (and going to the bathroom approximately every 45 minutes) while Landon watches TV most of the day. Not ideal, but it's how we've been surviving over here. Thankfully, I've recently discovered that Landon looooves The Sound of Music, so we've been watching that. There's only so much Daniel Tiger that a pregnant woman can take! ;)
Julie Andrews has mesmerized him.
Logan won't have a day off again next week, which is super depressing. He's been working 6 days at his main job and his previous job has been needing his help on his "off" day. I know we're in a temporary phase of life right now, with him working so much and me on semi-bedrest, but man…I'm ready for some normalcy again. I haven't been bored, though, which is good - I have plenty of volunteer work, birthday party planning, and reading to keep me occupied. Plus Landon keeps me entertained. Seriously, this kid is hilarious (when he's not throwing tantrums, of course).

Despite everything (lots of work, little play), Logan and I have been good. And I mean that. Sometimes I wonder how the heck we're still surviving', and all I can say is God has been showering us with his grace. Thank you to everyone who prays for us!

My contractions have been pretty minimal most days, which is making me super optimistic that we just might make it to July without any problems. I'm being really tempted to start doing more around the house, because Chase seems pretty comfy at the moment…but that's probably not the smartest thing.

Yesterday, Landon and I actually ventured out into the world to meet some friends at a park. And I seriously think he was the happiest little kid on the planet. I feel really bad that we can't do more fun things right now, but I just don't know what to do about that. Since the pregnancy is going well right now, though, I may start doing more with Landon. House work and all can wait - my little boy needs some more fun in his life!
See? Happiest kid ever.

And well, that's been our life lately. Lots going on and nothing going on all at the same time.
"There is not a moment in which God does not present Himself under the cover of some pain to be endured, of some consolation to be enjoyed, or of some duty to be performed. All that takes place within us, around us, or through us, contains and conceals His divine action." - Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...