"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 23, 2014

My peeps. Love them.

This post is long overdue. I know I say all the time how blessed Logan and I are to have the family and friends we do, and seriously, it's so true.

A lot of stay-at-home moms have a hard time with loneliness and making friends and all, and while I can definitely see how that happens…I've been very fortunate to have a tight-knit group of mommy friends for awhile now…even before Landon was born. We have play dates, a "girls night out" as often as our hubbies allow, and even the occasional couples date night with our hubbies. And let's not mention the ridiculous amount of group texting…. ;)

A few weeks ago, my awesome friends threw me a "sprinkle" for baby Chase. They treated me to some Mexican food (my pregnancy craving) and gave me lots of fun and practical things for our baby boy. I loved everything - and ohmygosh, I wasn't expecting to get so much! They're so great. Here are a couple of favorites (although seriously, I'm so in love with everything, I just didn't feel like taking more pictures).

My cousin (okay, technically it is her husband that is my cousin, but I claim her as my own) is super talented!
And if this doesn't have "Jen's baby boy" written all over it, I don't know what does. ;)

I wish I had a picture of the whole group at dinner, but unfortunately our waitress was less than stellar and seemed too overwhelmed to take a picture for me. So, instead, this:
This was one of the only pictures that I considered posting, because I make some terrible faces while opening gifts. Really terrible. And yes, this is genuine excitement about cloth wipes! Don't judge.

And! If having a great group of friends isn't enough, I also have the best momma ever. She stayed with us for a few days this week to help out, and oh my, help out she did! Cleaning, cooking, playing with Landon, and accompanying me on a couple errands that I've been avoiding (putting a tantrum-prone toddler in and out of a carseat with a big belly while not wanting to go into preterm labor is not.fun.at.all).

Let's take a [very embarrassing] look at our house when my mom showed up:



And here's how our house looks now!

(Landon didn't want to be in the picture)
Soooo much better. This little corner still has work to be done, but that's what happens when we volunteer to store all of the items for a silent auction at our house….in addition to getting ready for a newborn.

Thanks to my friends and a HUGE thanks to my mom! Logan was a much happier husband this week, even without a day off work. ;)

2 comments:

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...