"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 30 (+4 days): "are we there yet?"

I had an early appointment with Dr. H this morning (my appointments are all over the place this pregnancy - Dr. H and Dr. C are never available on the same day! Sigh). His first question was "Are we there yet?" As in, are we close to term? Um, no. He looked down at my chart, realized we still have a ways to go and then said, "Man, you have the longest pregnancies."

Well, thanks Dr. H. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that! ;)

No change in my cervix, which made me happy because last night I was feeling a good bit of pressure. Procardia really does work, as much as I hate taking medicine while pregnant, because I'm finding that my contractions pick up the hour before I'm due to take another dose. Which was definitely the case last night.

So my uterus is actually measuring 31 weeks - which is good, considering I had been measuring ahead. Dr. H's big goal is 34 weeks, and I'm pretty optimistic about that at this point. When I told him Dr. C wanted to start seeing me twice a week soon, he said it was because of the fluid issue and that she probably wants to do non-stress tests. Which now that I think about it, I think she did mention NST's. So yeah. More appointments. I love checking on my baby boy but going to the doctor every week is kind of annoying! Especially when I have to find a babysitter for Landon. But thankfully I have plenty friends willing to help with that :)

Dr. H is going out of town soon (yikes!), so if you could say a tiny prayer that Chase will stay put until he gets back at least, that would be great!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you!! Life will not always be like this, props for you for being so patient in this difficult time! So happy to hear Chase is comfy in there! Praying he stays for a few weeks longer growing big and strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to hoping Logan gets a break sometime soon! And while we're at it, please tell him thank you for the kind service he provided to the CajunYota on our trip to NOLA last week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...