"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Week 30: what what

Well, well, well. We have made it to 30 weeks! Logan and I had 2 main goals for this pregnancy once things started getting cray cray - get to 24 weeks and then 30 weeks. Sooooo praise God! Amen Alleluia.

Let's give a little rundown from my appointment today:

  • Cervix is the same. Slightly open but stitches are hanging in there.
  • Dr. C doesn't see a hole (VSD) in Chase's heart anymore.
  • Fluid level is high again. I guess it's really been high for the past couple months, but last time it had dropped some and now it's back up. So, there's still the chance that Chase's stomach valve is too tight (I'm assuming Dr. C is talking about pyloric stenosis for you fellow medical peeps). But we will have to wait until he's born to see.
  • My placenta is still yucky but Chase is growing really well (which isn't usually the case with a bad placenta) so we're just going to keep monitoring it.
  • Baby boy is 3 lbs 8 oz. Which is pretty darn big considering my placenta hasn't looked good for the past 10 weeks!
  • Chase is breech buuuuut I don't really care because I'm not even going to get my hopes up for a VBAC.
Sadly, I have no ultrasound pictures today. I think I was the last patient and they were ready to roll on out of there. But Dr. C did say Chase looked really good!

I go back in 2 weeks, and then Dr. C said I'll start going twice a week after that. I didn't do that with Landon so I'm not sure why she feels the need to do it this time. Guess I should have asked…

Well, we are definitely happy with today's outcome. Honestly, I always have this fear deep down that Dr. C is going to be all like "We need to deliver this baby NOW" or that I'll be put on strict bed rest or something. So thank you Jesus for us being able to come home today, still pregnant. Whew. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mandi @ Messy Wife, Blessed LiMay 17, 2014 at 2:37 AM

    Good news! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...