"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Week 33 (+5 days): darn you placenta


Say hello to Chase. All 5 lbs 9 oz of him!

My cervix is a little open (big shocker there) but apparently I have a really long cervix. Dr. C and the ultrasound tech were both pleasantly surprised. So that's good.

The big problem now is my damn placenta. It hasn't looked very good for a few months now, and it just keep getting worse. Seriously, it is SO noticeable on the ultrasound (even to my untrained eye) that it has gotten bigger each time. Dr. C was not happy with how it looked - she even said it looks like I smoke 10 packs a day! Although I have definitely never smoked a day in my life.

So, the good news is that Chase looks good and the blood flow from the placenta looks fine right now. But there is the possibility that my placenta could stop working….so Dr. C kept saying to go to the hospital if I started feeling less movement. She said I might go to the hospital for nothing, but it's one of those "better safe than sorry" situations because I could in fact save Chase's life by getting to the hospital early enough if my placenta did start having problems.

Dr. C also said that we need to get the placenta checked out after birth. It appears that my placenta is overcompensating for some reason, and getting it analyzed might tell us is Chase needs extra nutrition or something. (I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this well, Dr. C is hard to understand sometimes).

I think my placenta is the main reason why I'm getting non-stress tests twice a week. They want to make sure Chase is fine! I won't have another ultrasound for 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks this time because of Dr. C's schedule, which makes me nervous, but I'm definitely glad we'll be monitoring Chase with the NST's.
It's kind of blurry-looking because Chase has his face smooshed against my placenta. But my oh my, check out those lips! :)

Prayers for my placenta to hold on are greatly appreciated! And thank you all for the prayers thus far because I know it's the reason why Chase is still growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...