"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 33: save the date!

According to Dr. H, my cervix is "hard as a rock." Which is a good thing! Maybe Chase will stay put after all…

I had Dr. H guess how big he thought Chase was, and after feeling and measuring, he said 5 to 5 1/2 pounds. So I guess the ultrasound was pretty accurate last week! Crazy.

So, we went ahead and scheduled a C-section. Chase will be here on July 18! Assuming he stays put until then, of course.

I asked Dr. H about taking the cerclage out before that (because for some crazy reason I've been thinking more and more about attempting a VBAC...), and he smiled because he totally knew what I was getting at (I think he was just waiting for me to say something!). He doesn't like the idea of a VBAC in the first place, but I think the fact that Chase is a big boy is making him really not want to go there. And to be honest, now that I know Chase is on the bigger side, I feel like any chance of a VBAC just flew right out of the window. My mom and I are pretty identical in size and she had trouble pushing out my brother who was 6 lbs 9 oz (he had a big ol' cone head after birth). Soooo that's not very encouraging.

For now, we're sticking with the repeat C-section and Dr. H will just take out the cerclage right after in the OR.

I had my first non-stress test (NST) on Tuesday and surprisingly, I didn't have any contractions the entire time. I did have some cramping though which is annoying. But Chase was fine! The nurse said to increase fluids which makes me laugh because I carry this around with me everywhere (which the nurse totally noticed since I'm in their office so often). Next NST is tomorrow. SO MANY APPOINTMENTS. But! 6 weeks left! Maybe less! Some days really are fine with minimal contractions and other days the contractions drive me bonkers. Like, seriously.

It'll be worth it in the end, though. This I know.

2 comments:

  1. super cute party, good job momma :) Landon is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...