"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hiiiiiiiii!

This is sleep-deprived and slightly-overwhelmed-with-life Jen speaking. Please bear with me. :) I don't know if there will be a point to this post but let's just see where my mind takes me...

I don't know why, but I just never thought about what would happen when we brought Chase home and Logan went back to work. Maybe because the pregnancy was enough to worry about and I just wanted to have Chase in my arms before thinking past that! I had help the first couple of weeks (I'm so blessed! Thanks Mom! Thanks Logan!). And now that I'm finally on my own most days….well….

So! I should start by saying that Chase really is a good baby. Like seriously. Logan and I both agree. And Landon has adjusted better than we could have hoped! So, our little boys are just awesome and we love them.

What's not awesome? Logan's work schedule. He's been working evenings which makes things harder on all of us. I realized that I just won't get anything done when Logan works the evening shift because dinner time + newborn cluster feeding + toddler demands + crazy dog + bedtime = no time to do anything else. And once I finally have the boys down for the night, I just collapse in bed myself.

I'm trying to ease my way back into all of the things I wasn't doing 100% while pregnant…which is pretty much everything. Still not doing heavy housework (vacuuming, etc.) or projects that I've been thinking about for awhile (decluttering, organizing, etc.), but that's a good thing because I'm still struggling to keep up with just the dishes and laundry (and bills and paperwork and stuff I was still doing while pregnant). I'm getting lots of newborn cuddles, though, and I'd rather that than a clean house! Just saying. :)

Aaaaand I just have to say that as tired as I am, I feel a million times better than I did when I was pregnant. I wish pregnancy wasn't so drastically different for me, because it makes the transition afterwards even more exhausting (even with a cooperative baby!), but I guess there's no point in dwelling on that now - especially because I have a happy and healthy baby to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...