"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Life around these parts

I know I said I would write a birth story but my brain is like ajfkldajdsklf 90% of the time right now and the exhaustion level is, well, overwhelming sometimes. So! I figured I'd just give you a brief recap now of how everything went down and if a birth story is posted later, cool. It might not be until October though…;)

When I posted my 37 week update last week, I had actually been having regular contractions for a couple hours. Every 8-10 minutes. I've had periods of contractions like that before, sometimes even closer together...although not for that long. I kept waiting for them to slow down or stop, and I avoided calling the doctor because 1) I don't freak out about stuff unless there is unbearable pain or bleeding involved, 2) I wasn't feeling any extra pain in my cervix during the actual contractions (but hell yeah my cervix hurt every time I stood up), and 3) I knew I was going back to see Dr. H the following morning.

To make a long story short, here's the timeline of what happened:
  • 9:30pm - I was about to go to bed but decided to call the doctor just in case…since the contractions were still coming regularly 6 hours later. Dr. H answered (which was amazing because he shares call with a lot of doctors) and he told me to go to Labor and Delivery…although we both weren't convinced it was necessary.
  • 10:30pm - Logan met me at the hospital (he had been at work). Got hooked up to the monitor.
  • 11:30pm - Nurse called Dr. H to update him. She brought me the phone to talk to him and it ended with "How do you feel about just having this baby?" Contractions were coming every 4-7 minutes and he didn't want it to progress any further with the cerclage still in.
All ready for the C-section. I was just a tad excited to meet Chase (and not be pregnant anymore)!
  • 12:20am - Made our way to the OR
  • 12:51am - Chase is here!

So yeah. Things happened pretty quickly and Logan and I kept looking at each other like, we're about to have a baby! OMG. And then, we have a baby! OMG. But I have to say the timing was absolutely perfect (other than the fact that nobody was able to come to the hospital in the middle of the night except one friend). Seriously. I would list all the reasons why but that would take too long…just know that God took care of everything. As He always does.

And I just have to say that my placenta came out just fine and didn't look abnormal to anyone in the OR. Chase came out butt first and was stuck, and Dr. H said it was a good thing there was another doctor with him to help get Chase out (Dr. C had insisted there be 2 doctors in case my placenta didn't come out and I had bleeding issues). And even though Dr. H was able to get my cerclage out afterwards this time, he said there was no way he would have been able to do it in the office (like we had planned to do the following morning). 

Chase did have a lot of fluid that needed to be suctioned once he came out, but I was still able to do skin-to-skin in the OR. He also had temperature issues, which meant I didn't get to see him in recovery as soon as I would have liked (they wanted to get his temp up in the nursery), and he does have some jaundice, but other than that, Chase is totally fine.

My recovery from the C-section hasn't been very fun. Extra tugging/pulling during surgery = extra soreness for momma. But thankfully my mom is here to help this week and Logan is taking a few days off next week.

Landon is doing really well with having a new baby around. At first he just did his own thing and would occasionally go up to Chase and pat his belly, but in the last day or so he's starting to be more interested in his little brother. Take this picture, for example:

Proud big brother right there. I tried getting Landon to sit in the recliner to take a picture with Chase but he insisted on sitting by Marley instead.

I guess that's enough of an update for now. Thank you SO MUCH for all of your prayers during the last  several months. It really is hard to believe that we have a healthy little boy after all of the pregnancy issues. As far as I'm concerned, Chase is our little miracle. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...