"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, July 21, 2014

Oh, brother


I found this one on Logan's phone and thought it was funny! Landon looks excited about bringing Chase home from the hospital.
I wasn't too worried about how Landon would react once we brought Chase home, and I'm so glad I didn't bother…Landon has been really great! And oh my gosh, why does he look so grownup now?!
Every morning, Logan brings Landon in our room (since we've been rather lazy lately and are still in bed when he wakes up, because, um…newborn). And every morning, Landon gets more and more excited about seeing his baby brother.
So sweeeeeet!
I wish you could see Landon's shirt better because my sister made it and it's awesome: "Hi, I'm Chase's Big Brother"
Logan captured this baby when we got home from church yesterday.
And this morning Landon was allllll up in Chase's face. Sometimes he goes a little overboard with the lovin'.
As blessed as we feel to now have two super cute boys, I can't help but think how our little family would look with Levi too. Levi would be 4 years old! Such a crazy thought. I was always sad when I thought of Levi when Landon was younger, because I knew Landon would make such a good brother but Levi was in Heaven (which is better than here, of course…just bittersweet). And now Landon has Chase and we get to see him be such a good brother….and it's awesome. 

What's even more awesome (and makes it worth it in the end) is knowing that both Landon and Chase have a big brother praying for them both, praying for all of us. I know that's a big part of why our little family seems to get extra graces just at the precise moment that we need them.

Levi, pray for us! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...