"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Week 36 (+5 days): almost term, baby!

2 more days and I'm considered term! Woo hoo. This post might be kind of long…sorry. Prepare yourself.

I saw both doctors today, and it was actually my last time seeing Dr. C. I'm still getting non-stress tests twice a week until delivery, though.

So, first was Dr. C. 3 weeks ago, Chase was measuring 5 lbs. 9 oz. So I was thinking he'd be at least 7 lbs this week. Wellllll. He is measuring at a whoppin' 7 lbs 14 oz. Which is bigger than Landon was (6 lbs 13 oz) when I delivered him at 38 weeks. Y'all. 8 lbs. Already. Ummmmm. (I know ultrasounds can be off and all, but he's consistently measured on the bigger side.)

The little guy has managed to flip again. He was breech, then head down, and now he's breech again. He's actually almost transverse….his head is all up in my left rib. So that's fun. Dr. C said it was a good thing we were planning on a C-section because of his position.

And of course there's still the issue of my placenta. Still yucky, huge, and has holes in it. Although Dr. C doesn't see anything wrong with Chase, she's worried because of my placenta. We're still planning on sending it off to get tested afterwards. Even if Chase seems completely healthy, he still might have a metabolic disorder or something and getting the results from the placenta would give us a heads up on it.

Dr. C also said that Dr. H needs to have another doctor with him for my C-section, just in case. She's a little worried that I have placenta accreta, which basically means my placenta might be difficult to get out, and if that's the case, they might have to take out my uterus too. Chances of that are small, but it is possible.

I know that sounds terrible, and it does freak me out if I think about it too much….but honestly, for some reason I already had the thought that my placenta might be hard to get out. So it didn't come as a completely surprise. And since I went to nursing school, I know what that entails. Obviously, I want to keep my uterus (um, I'm about to turn 28…way too young to have a hysterectomy, thankyouverymuch), but if I had to choose, I want Chase to be okay. I'd rather have him than my uterus. Just saying.

Dr. H and his positive self thinks everything will be fine, and I know chances are he's right. But I can't help but think that Dr. C's concerns are a little worrisome considering I am already paranoid about how the delivery will go. Sigh.

Oh, and we're still doing the C-section on the 18th. Logan and I were hoping Dr. H would want to do it a week early because of my placenta and Chase's size, buuuut no. I was also hoping he would take out my cerclage because I've been feeling it pulling a lot lately (not comfortable at all), but no again. Dr. H said my cervix feels like cement, which I find terribly ironic.

So, 2 1/2 weeks to go (or less)! I do stop taking Procardia tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see if I start having even more contractions. Eh.

And I guess that's it. (That enough info for ya? Ha.) Thank you for the prayers!

P.S. Please please please say a prayer for some dear friends of ours who lost their twin babies in utero. And for another friend's dad who passed away unexpectedly. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...