"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Week 37 (+5 days): ughhhhh

So. Scratch what I said about not having more contractions after stopping Procardia. In the wee hours of the morning Sunday, I had regular contractions for an hour. And ever since then, my cervix has been hurting.so.much. Like, it's hard to walk sometimes. Logan would gladly do a demonstration for you.

I already had an appointment scheduled with Dr. H for this morning, otherwise I would have called yesterday because it hurt that bad. Chase was moving fine, so I wasn't worried…just in pain.

Dr. H said my cervix wasn't doing anything because it was tied up. But he knew I was hurting and he knew I was having contractions (I had an NST right before), so he said to start taking Procardia again to "avoid a crisis." You know, like going into labor with the darn cerclage still in my cervix. Dr. H didn't want to take out the cerclage but also didn't want to do the C-section earlier (not going to lie, I was hoping he would), because boys sometimes have breathing problems. So, he said he would talk to Dr. C to see what she thought and call me later today. He was willing to do the C-section earlier if Dr. C thought it was okay.

Well. It turns out she didn't like that idea either. So Dr. H basically left me two options: 1) get the cerclage taken out, or 2) wait until the scheduled C-section on the 18th.

Both options are not ideal, because if you followed this blog during Landon's pregnancy, you might remember that Dr. H couldn't get the cerclage out last time. It was the reason we scheduled a C-section in the first place. So I just HATE to think about that happening again, especially because it would mean I'll still be in pain. Same with waiting until next Friday. I just don't think I could last 10 more days like this.

And then there's the uncertainty of what will happen if Dr. H is actually able to get the cerclage out. Labor might or might not happen, and no telling how quickly it could happen because my cervix is stupid. Soooo yeah.

We decided to go ahead and [attempt to] take the cerclage out tomorrow morning. So prayers for its success would be greatly appreciated! You can throw in a prayer for my sanity too because my hormones are crazy and I'm just wayyyy too emotional right now.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...