"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I see what you're doing, satan

We've had periods where life is just crazy crazy crazy. And this is certainly one of them. I'm so thankful that we were able to go on a week-long vacation at the beginning of the month, because I have literally been nonstop since we got back. (The only reason I'm blogging right now is because I was soooo productive this morning with housework and I'm ignoring auction stuff because this girl needs a BREAK.)

But at the same time, life is also good. Good good good. Even though this has been the busiest I've been in a really long time, I also know that I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. Trying to keep the magic alive with Logan, taking care of my sweet boys, teaching CCD, running a silent auction, and mostly neglecting housework (truth). And I don't take all that for granted, because I have a few friends who are trying to figure out what God wants them to do right now, which can be frustrating. I've been there and it's so, so hard.

So! Working this auction for a non-profit organization has made me even more aware of how the devil wants to get up alllll in our business. Like for reals. Especially when the non-profit is doing such amazing work like saving babies. I'm so glad Logan and I - and many of our friends - are involved in this organization, but it's also been pretty stressful. I'm finding myself praying St. Michael's prayer several times a day lately (isn't that so perfect that we named Chase Michael after him?! Yep.). And I've been starting my day by asking God to help me get done whatever HE wants me to get done. Because there's just no way I can do everything on my to-do list right now. (SO glad I prayed that this morning because I totally forgot to pay our flood insurance which was due today! But God prompted me and I realized and I'm so thankful because southeast Louisiana = hurricanes)

10 more days of craziness! Prayers are appreciated. :)
"In all the events of life, you must recognize the divine will. Adore and bless it, especially in the things which are the hardest for you." - St. Padre Pio


2 comments:

  1. Sending love, and enjoying your really-REAL posts. I have a feeling this auction is going to blow WNLC out of the water! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...