"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, October 11, 2014

A few things

I feel like I have a dozen blog post ideas floating in my head, so how about some quick takes? And maybe some of these takes will eventually be expanded into full-blown blog posts.

1. This week has been rather wonderful now that life has slowed down. I'm so thankful for my boys who play by themselves for a little bit so momma can catch up on housework.

2. Yesterday I vacuumed for the first time in almost a year. And before you think we're living in a dump (we're not! I swear!), Logan took over the vacuuming/mopping when we found out I was pregnant last November. And then I was recovering from a c-section and then putting together a silent auction, so Logan stayed in charge of vacuuming. Until now! Never thought I would have missed it, but damn...I love the feeling of freshly vacuumed floors. 

3. Since it's been almost a year since we've been able to do any kind of house project, Logan and I kind of went nuts this week and started moving furniture and figuring out how to maximize our storage and all. The laundry room is our main focus right now and maybe once we're finished I'll blog all about it. 

4. A couple of dudes finished up their session of SoccerTots this week!

5. I haven't mentioned breastfeeding since Chase was born because I didn't know how it would go after our difficult experience with Landon. What I can tell you now, though, is that it's going a million times better! And that's on my list of things to blog about eventually. In the meantime, though, you should read this post about breastfeeding and the Eucharist. I totally love it. 

6. I had plans to start doing some kind of homeschooling preschool with Landon after he turned 2, but of course Chase was born a month later. Now that Chase is 3 months old and things are a little easier (and newborn fog is lifting ;)), I'm trying to figure out a routine for doing something with Landon. Nothing fancy, because hello, he's 2! But since I'm hoping to homeschool in the future (God-willing), I think sitting down with Landon for a short period most days will help if we do end up homeschooling full time once he's in kindergarten. I did a trial run with this book (borrowed from a friend), and it went well! So we'll see.

7. As crazy as the last couple months have been, I feel like I've learned so much. Like in every aspect of life. I wish I could explain it better but let's just say being so busy made me realize even more what's important in life and what is not. And also, satan sucks. But God prevails!

Bonus take: "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary!

3 comments:

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...