"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 17, 2014

Fundraiser fun

Okay, so maybe nobody cares about this, but I said I'd share more about our volunteer work we did this year…

Logan and I volunteered to head up the silent auction for a big fundraiser dinner in October. Since putting together an auction is a lot of work - collecting donations, putting together baskets, etc. - we actually started in April/May. And once August hit, things got crazy! Never mind the fact that I had a baby in July...
Our final product! We had about 11 tables full of stuff, with furniture scattered between them.
 (That obnoxious white rectangle on me is my name tag…)

I was very much pregnant when we were asked to volunteer, and even though it sounded like SO MUCH WORK (it was!) and really, seemed crazy for us to say yes…I just knew we were supposed to help. Like, knew.

And it was the biggest and most successful silent auction the non-profit has ever had. I'm not bragging by any means (okay, maybe a little, ha) because we had SO MUCH HELP. Our auction subcommittee was the bomb diggity, and even though there were days where I worked on the auction all.day.long…God really blessed the work. Because He's awesome like that. And He likes saving babies. :)

God also blessed Logan and me because of it. October was by far the best month financially in our entire 5+ years of marriage, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

I know a lot of times it seems like it's not a good time in life to volunteer and that we're too busy, but really, when is it a good time? I know there are legitimate times when you just can't spend hours upon hours volunteering, but more often than not, we just need to make the time.

And of course, God will bless you for it.

"Love cannot remain by itself - it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service." -Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Pretty people!! (Logan looks like Tyler in this picture.)

    Congrats and a very big job well done to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...