"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Things be cray (or maybe it's just me)

Welllll Logan and I didn't think things through very well. Because we decided to do this:
our bathroom
while watching these (for a week!!):
Logan affectionately calls them "the alien dogs"
and you know I've already got my hands full with these:

So yeah. We officially only have one functioning bathroom at the moment (which is great that we have another one, actually, otherwise we would NEVER update either bathroom). It just complicates things a bit because our bedroom is upstairs and we now have to go downstairs to use the bathroom/shower/get ready.

Today was just one of those days. I have 3 dogs that follow me around (literally. it's so.so.so.annoying), a toddler who acts a fool (like his daddy), and a cute baby that decided he no longer wants to sleep. And of course when I decide to nurse said baby, the 3 dogs and toddler decide to go nuts. Like, run around yelling/barking and eating each other's food. And I'm in the recliner trying to tune it all out. (Failing miserably, of course). Logan was at work as usual on a Sunday which makes me sad…but today actually didn't feel like a Sunday at all (despite us going to evening mass). Which makes me even sadder because it used to be my most favorite day ever.

I'm having a hard time catching my breath most days and I feel so silly sometimes because many of my friends have more kids than me and are homeschooling on top of that. So surely I need to get my act together, right?

But maybe I'm just being hard on myself. Because I have a tendency to make a massive to-do list and then get soooo discouraged when I cannot complete the silly to-do list. I just need to set the bar realllllly low because you never know when Marley will bark and wake up a sleeping Chase while I'm halfway through the dishes and you never know when Landon will decide to "help" me with laundry by throwing all the folded clothes back into the basket of unfolded clothes.

Not to mention Logan's work schedule is just ridiculous sometimes and because it changes on a weekly basis, I can't for the life of me get into a routine. It sucks. I know he's been having a crazy schedule for a year and a half now, but adding another human being into the mix that relies on me for nutrition just makes things even harder. (Have I mentioned that breastfeeding is HARD? Drains the life out of me sometimes.)

Today I came across this article and oh, how I needed to read it. Today. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I'm not able to do in my life right now when I need to remember that this is a season. A blessed season at that! A crazy one, yes. But when I think about where I was a few years ago, it really puts things in perspective.

I also read this post that I totally could have written myself. Except the part about always having a clean house. ;)

Advent always seems to come at the perfect time.

"Our business is to love what God would have us do. He wills our vocation as it is: let us love that, and not trifle away our time in hankering after other people's vocation." - Saint Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...