"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Family Fun Day - part 1 {aquarium}

It's been quite the hectic time around here with a teething baby and a temperamental toddler. Throw in 6 straight days of Logan working (the first 5 being evening shifts! ughhhh), a bathroom still in shambles, and I was done done done.

So! Yesterday on Logan's off day, we did alllll the things. Aquarium, dinner out, Celebration in the Oaks (a fun light display thingy in New Orleans), and beignets and hot chocolate at Morning Call. It was seriously the best day and was much-needed for all of us. You know we took a million pictures so click away now if you don't want to see….(I got some cute ones though!). I'm splitting the day up into 2 posts so you don't hate me.

Up first is the aquarium! It was the first trip for both Landon and Chase, and it was the first time Logan had been in a long time (I've been a couple times on field trips when I was working).
 We ran into my good friend Katie on the way there so she took a picture of us! It's hard to see in this first picture, but the aquarium is in the background.
The oddly-shaped teal glass building is the aquarium! (for you out-of-towners)

 The penguins are the best.

 Landon liked the otters!

 My little teething boy
 Frogs!

 Petting the stingrays!

 Our reenactment from 10 years ago when we were dating. I'm trying trying trying to be okay with my much heavier postpartum self (until Chase is weaned)…but I digress...




 So much cuteness :)
This might be my all-time favorite picture of Landon - hand in pocket, backwards (sideways?) hat, and proudly holding his new stuffed otter given to him by his very smitten father. 

Pictures from Celebration in the Oaks coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...