"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Just being honest

I can't tell you how many times I sit down and start a blog post, pretty much finish it, and then never hit "publish" because I second guess myself. What if people take it the wrong way? What if I'm sharing too much? WHAT IF??

My drafts folder is full, y'all. And so many of those posts, I read now and think, "Um, I wrote that? What was I thinking?" So that makes me think that maybe it wasn't just me writing it and that there's a reason that God wants me to put it all out there. 

I don't know why I don't just publish the darn things. Because if there's one thing I've learned over the past few years is to not give a crap about what people think. And I don't! But it does bother me when people think they know me when actually they have it alllll wrong. So I guess that's what I'm afraid of…people reading my crazy blog posts and thinking they know everything about me when in fact, my immediate family and close friends are the only ones who really know, know me. Ya feel me? This blog is only a small, small portion of my life (despite sharing pictures every week! I don't share all of them. And I certainly don't share all of my thoughts.).

So! I'm trying to be better about just blogging about what comes to me and not second-guessing everything all the time. If you happen to really resonate with a post of mine, please tell me so I don't feel like I'm blogging to nobody! Maybe that will help. :)

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." – Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya...considering I haven't touched my blog since November at this point. :( Just can't bring myself to write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been that long?? Girllll. You can't stop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...