"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Allllll about Jen

Because I know you've been dying to learn 28 random facts about me. 28 because I'm 28. So original, right? Right. Here we go!

1. I always thought God would call me to be a nun. (It didn't happen.)

2. My brain remembers numbers. I still remember birthdays of childhood friends that I don't talk to anymore.

3. Speaking of numbers, I used to read The Babysitters Club book series, and there were over 100 books. My dad used to get a kick out of saying a number and having me say the title of that book from memory.

4. I used to walk around reading books when I was younger. Really. Sadly, I do not read as often as I used to…

5. After being really shy the first 20 years of my life, I suddenly become not shy in college. I don't know why.

6. I have a tendency to say what's on my mind.

7. I'm a twin! No, we don't look alike. No, we're nothing alike. Except our abilities to be frugal and sarcastic. ;)

8. I play the flute. Well, I did. Haven't touched it since 2011, probably. I used to be pretty darn good at it!

9. This is my 4th year teaching CCD at my church parish. 5th graders are interesting.

10. I don't like beer.

11. White wine is my fave adult beverage.

12. I want to adopt a baby one day.

13. My patron saint (chosen for confirmation) is St. Cecilia.

14. I've been keeping a journal since 2003. I think I have almost 20 notebooks/journals.

15. I took dancing for 5 years (age 6-11, I think?). The tomboy in me took over so I quit.

16. Soccer was, is, and always will be my favorite sport.

17. Other sports I participated in as a kid were swimming, softball, track, and cross-country.

18.  I do like tennis too though and wish I had played in high school. (And if Logan asks, I usually beat him when we play. ;))

19. According to this test, I'm ISFJ.

20. My primary temperament is melancholic.

21. Nothing makes me more nervous than to speak in front of a bunch of people. I wish I was good at it…but I'm not. At all.

22. I've never been overseas. But it's not because I don't want to go!

23. I have been to Guatemala though, on a medical mission trip when I was in nursing school. Life-changing.

24. There are some movies that I could watch a hundred times and never get tired of them - Pride & Prejudice (yes, the Kiera Knightley one, don't judge me), Return to Me, and While You Were Sleeping. Ok, so that's actually only a few of them...

25. I have all 8 seasons of House, M.D. on DVD.

26. My favorite cookie is oatmeal chocolate chip. The oatmeal makes it healthy, right?

27. I want to write a book. It's kind of like my lifelong project.

28. Nicknames growing up included: Miss Piggy, Flipper, Lil Bit,  and Big Jen. Oh, memories.

Thank you for indulging me.

2 comments:

  1. Do you really still have those books?! I'm pretty sure we got rid of mine a loooong time ago.

    And yeah...Miss Piggy and Flipper were thanks to my loving family. I can tell you the stories behind them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Piggy, Flipper...what?! How did I not know this!! Andddd my favorite of all on this list - #3. Pretty sure my collection is still in my parents' attic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...