"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, March 7, 2015

A little of everything (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I'm trying to think of 7 things that I can blog about every time I do quick takes (like categories?), so I don't have to think about 7 new things every time. So some of these will hopefully be recurring quick takes. If that makes sense.

2. Happenings this week
Somehow it ended up being a busy week - babysitting, playgroup/book study, appointments, friends visiting…good week other than the boys getting sick. Not fun at all. (But I know it could have been worse!)

3. Pictures from my camera
 This boy just is not interested in feeding himself. At all.
My photogenic buddy :)

4. What I'm reading

  • Momnipotent. I'm almost finished - so, so good. And such an easy read!
  • Surprised by Truth - I have a tendency to start books and never finish them so I'm on a mission to finish all those books this year. This is the one I'm currently working on. As a cradle Catholic, I totally admire those Protestants who convert to Catholicism! 


5. What I'm thankful for

  • having close friends in different phases of life (single, married with kids, married without kids)
  • Louisiana weather
  • my Catholic faith

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Those struggling with infertility. I have several extremely fertile friends…but I have just as many friends trying so, so hard to get pregnant. We pray for them daily!
  • Marriage. It's so hard sometimes. Praying especially for those going through rough times.


7. Words that spoke to me this week
"Enjoy what's going on while it's going on. If you go to the supermarket, enjoy it. Don't make it drudgery. Talk to the cashier. Speak to the people at the fruit counter. Chat with a neighbor. Try to get to know people, get them to talk to you, and make your passage through life pleasurable…Slow down. Smell the flowers as you go by, and then you won't need too much of this world's goods. Enjoy your work and you won't need too much time off. Enjoy being at home and you won't have to go away so much. Many people are intemperate because they are miserable and suffering. Their life is a big long misery, so they decide to brighten it up with mountains of potato chips. They're addicted to potato chips or sweets or even beer. Look at your own intemperateness and see if unhappiness is causing it." - Father Benedict Groeschel, referenced to in Momnipotent

Go check out more quick takes at This Ain't the Lyceum!

5 comments:

  1. love that quote, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are good! Landon is looking so grown up these days! Is he going to be three this year? Also, those books sound pretty good. Is SBT similar to Rome Sweet Home? I love that book so much. And thank you sooooooooooo much for your prayers. The topics of fertility/infertility/unborn children and marriage are always on my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Landon will be 3 in June! SBT is several conversion stories, so yes, similar to Rome Sweet Home. Scott Hahn actually had a part in several of the stories!

    You know y'all are in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Thanks, always.

    Lauren
    Here We Geaux


    Subject: Re: Comment on Into Your Will: A little of everything (7QT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Thanks, always.

    Lauren
    Here We Geaux


    Subject: Re: Comment on Into Your Will: A little of everything (7QT)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...