"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 27, 2015

Clutter, podcasts, and JPII (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I feel like I have been spending so much time cleaning the house lately, yet it's still not clean! It has taken me allllll week to clear off our sofa (a breeding ground for STUFF) and I have yet to finish clearing off our kitchen counters. What gives? I have a list of projects I want to do as soon as I "catch up" on housework, but as soon as I get close, the cycle repeats and I have to clean everything all over again! Seriously. This is frustrating.

Maybe I just get sidetracked too much…because I definitely spent much of Saturday night rearranging our living room while Logan was at work. It was like I was nesting but I'm not pregnant. I'm just in this mood where I have to get rid of everything that stresses me out and I want everything to have a purpose. I'm so sick of clutter!! End rant.

2. Happenings this week
Logan took off an extra day this week so we could have more time together and catch up on things around the house. We also went to a party at this fun indoor trampoline place and then today I took the boys to meet some friends at an indoor inflatable place! I don't remember what else we did other than go to the library a couple times. But it was a good week.

3. Pictures from my camera
I will bombard you with more pictures from our family day last week, but in the meantime, enjoy these from that day:
 We took a little intermission while Landon took a quick nap
I don't ever think I will get over this cute dude and his picture-taking abilities!


4. What I'm reading/listening to

I'm almost finished Jesus the Bridegroom! Other than that, I haven't done much reading because we've been decluttering the house. But I have listened to some podcasts while cleaning:
  • Fountains of Carrots - my faves are Episode 9 with Leila Lawler (seriously, I've listened to this one twice) and Episode 14 with Tyler Blanski. But really, they're all good! Haley and Christy are so much fun.
  • Read Aloud Revival - I've only listened to a few episodes, but it really has inspired me to read more to Landon and start making regular trips to the library. 

5. What I'm thankful for
  • PTO and an extra day with Logan at home
  • Etsy and all the people who make cute stuff so I don't have to
  • A baby who naps well

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • People discerning their vocation, especially our friends and family
  • Our friends who are pregnant. So many new babies in 2015!

7. Words that spoke to me this week
"To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servant of the others.–Pope Saint John Paul II

Catholic All Year has a cute printable of that quote that I printed out and framed to have on display :)

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...