"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 20, 2015

Social media, Creighton, and St. Joseph (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I've been thinking a lot about social media lately and it seems like every blogger has Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I'm only on Facebook (a personal page, not for my blog...except not during Lent), and I'm seriously thinking about deleting it permanently once Easter comes because I do not miss it AT ALL. And I'm realizing how much time I wasted on it and how much it kind of stresses me out. How do you handle all of these other social media sites?? Seriously. My little introverted mind wants to know.

2. Happenings this week
Logan had a ridiculous work schedule last week so this week we made it a point to spend both of his off days doing family things, one day at home and the other in New Orleans. And it was lovely. And I will bombard you with pictures soon enough.

We went to the intro class for the Creighton Model (a form of NFP), which is long overdue because I've been wanting to learn it since our (relatively short compared to some) days of infertility. And now I'm hoping it will come in handy as my cycle has yet to return and my reproductive system is kind of crazy. Functioning, at least, but crazy.

I took the kiddos to our church's St. Joseph's Altar yesterday and that was nice too. Except when I first walked in, realized I was the youngest person by at least 20 years, and a nice elderly woman asked if I was babysitting. Um, no. I'm just a 28-year old that looks like I'm still in high school.

3. Pictures from my camera

He's been asking me to play soccer a lot lately [insert big smiley emoji!!!] so I can't wait to register him for another session of SoccerTots.
From our day in New Orleans. More pictures to come, of course.


4. What I'm reading
  • Jesus the Bridegroom by Dr. Brant Pitre - ongoing
  • Creighton Model Fertility Care System by Dr. Thomas Hilgers - see #2 on why I'm reading this. I read the 2 chapters on making observations so I can actually chart. jfaklsdjflasjdlf. That's how I feel about that right now. (Maybe it's a good thing we took the class during Lent.) And maybe I sound crazy if you're not familiar with Creighton…and if you are, is it normal to be a little overwhelmed at first?!

5. What I'm thankful for
  • Warm weather!
  • Fun feast days
  • Logan and my boys

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Our hard-working priests, especially my parish priest who is having health issues
  • Those under spiritual attack
  • One of my best friends who lost a baby a year ago today

7. Words that spoke to me this week
"St. Joseph was an ordinary sort of man on whom God relied to do great things. He did exactly what the Lord wanted him to do, in each and every event that went to make up his life.–Saint Josemaria Escriva

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say yes, yes and yes for being overwhelmed with Creighton charting at first, my advice would be to stick it out, all the classes and follow up, and make your best effort at charting, (learning as you go along, it seems like a lot (and it is) but they have a thought out way of introducing it) because it really can work marvels, on the other hand, you may get to that point and realize, whoa maybe this method is not for me, and look it to others, but I would suggest holding off on making that decision til you've really given it a good effort and allowed yourself time to get around the learning curve.
    Sorry that turned into a novel ;)
    Your boys are SOOO precious!
    Also, instagram is so much more fun than fb, none of the articles and opinions and rants and stress, so I put it in w different league of social media. Twitters a whole different beast that's definitly not a fit for everyone. Go with whatever brings you some joy and ditch the rest I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, all of this is so helpful! I'm definitely going to stick it out so it helps knowing it's not just me being overwhelmed at first.

    And yes, the opinions and rants on FB! I can't handle it. Maybe I need to try Instagram and ditch FB!

    Thanks so much for all your advice, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say YES to Instagram! People on Instagram are HAPPY, not whiny. The downside is that some people say it's not real life because no one ever shares the difficult parts of life. But if negativity is what you want to avoid, Instagram is the place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep me in the loop on your Creighton journey. Your nursing background will probably help a ton with understanding and practicing it; little non-sciency brained peons like me probably wouldn't get it. :-p But in all seriousness, my friend Kara suggested I consider getting trained to be an NFP instructor one day (we were talking about finding our passions and using them as a source of income). Again, I don't know if my brain or experience could really lend itself to teaching others right now, but maybe one day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole nursing thing does help, but if you've taken any type of NFP class before you should understand it just fine! The charting is just more specific and can be a little overwhelming. And I've totally considered teaching NFP! I think you could do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing good things! Maybe I'll take the plunge once Easter comes :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...