"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, April 24, 2015

Blogging, baby hair, and St. Louis de Montfort (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I keep thinking about this blogging thing and am contemplating a blog redesign. Any suggestions? For long-time readers, what do you think about when you think of my blog? I really, really want the design to reflect me and things I write about. Fellow bloggers, did you just use a free template? Or paid someone to design something? I feel like such a novice...

Also, I'm going to really start connecting more with other bloggers because I'm suddenly realizing how helpful it is to have blogging friends. They know so much!

2. Happenings this week
The boys and I got back from Asheville, NC. And then we were bombarded with pink eye, diarrhea, and colds. So it's been real fun around here and we didn't leave the house except for a doctor's appt. But I really need to go to the grocery store...

3. Pictures you haven't seen
Now that I have a new camera (!!), I probably won't use blurry iPhone pictures anymore. You're welcome. And to save you the trouble of reading an entire blog post about Chase's first haircut, I'll make it a quick take! I'm in a giving mood, what can I say?
 It became apparent on our Asheville trip that it didn't take long for Chase's hair to go from this...
 …to this. Hot mess. At 9 months old. (But he's a really good baby, I promise!)
 But thankfully my sister is a licensed cosmetologist and trimmed it up a little bit.
 Chase wasn't sure what to think…just like his momma, who wanted to wait closer to his birthday...
...but I guess what's done, is done. ;)


4. What I'm reading
  • Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder- I finished this and now I want to read the rest of the series! 
  • Surprised by Truth by Patrick Madrid - finally finished this one
  • Voice in the Wind, Mark of the Lion Book 1 (Francine Rivers) - I was gifted the Mark of the Lion ebook series for my birthday last summer and kind of forgot about it. Probably because I don't read fiction often. I'm not far enough into it to really have an opinion yet…
  • The Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis de Montfort - just reading a couple pages of this at a time as I rekindle my love for the rosary
P.S I'm on Goodreads now! Because I read too many books at a time and need a way to not forget I'm reading them. ;)

5. What I'm thankful for
  • my comfy bed
  • baby laughs

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Those struggling with infertility - it's awareness week, y'all! Although really they're in our prayers daily.
  • People who are sick, especially children
  • Those pregnant after experiencing a loss


7. Words that spoke to me this week
"I agree that we must be neither too credulous nor too critical, and that we should keep a happy medium in all things in order to find just where truth and virtue lie." - St. Louis de Montfort in The Secret of the Rosary

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your interest in doing this blogging thing. It really can be fun when you get into it, especially meeting people and building your community. I want to get back into it with you too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...