"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, April 10, 2015

Good times, new camera, and more (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I know life has its periods of good times and bad times, and right now I would definitely say that our little family is in one of those good times. And I'm loving it. But I can't help but worry just a little bit (okay, maybe more than that) because it seems like every good time is followed by a really, really rough time. Maybe it's just my melancholic self thinking that, but it's true…and I wish I could not think that way.

2. Happenings this week
It's been another good week! Easter fun, babysitting nieces and nephews, a trip to the library, a Target & Costco date with Landon (I'm loving one-on-one times with him these days), lunch date with friends, and we hosted a playdate at our house yesterday and the kids decorated cookies. Lots going on and I'm officially exhausted but feeling very blessed. :)

3. Pictures from my camera
Well, well, well….Jen has gotten a new camera. So be prepared for picture overload in future blog posts. I definitely took over 200 pictures within the first 24 hours of getting my camera (a bit much, perhaps?), but I will blame that on my cute kids and my friends' cute kids….and not my crazy self. Allow me to share just a handful:




 Landon likes to cover himself and Marley with pillows and blankets. She's never amused.
 These girls…so cute!


4. What I'm reading
  • Little House on the Prairie - this month I'm reading "a book from my childhood"for the 2015 book challenge (my SIL and I are doing it together, one book a month), and man…I forgot how much I love these books. I should have lived in the 1800s. 
  • Surprised by Truth - still reading this. Seriously, converts to Catholicism inspire me.

5. What I'm thankful for
  • impromptu lunch dates and playdates 
  • marshmallow eggs and Ghirardelli brownies (yep, I said it)
  • family dance parties in our kitchen

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Conversion of sinners - I loooove the Divine Mercy chaplet and the novena is happening right now
  • Those who have fallen away from the Catholic Church

7. Words that spoke to me this week
"That which God commands seems difficult and a burden. The way is rough; you draw back; you have no desire to follow it. Yet do so and you will attain glory.–St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...