"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sweet tooth, baby (5Faves)

Well, I don't know about you, but everyone in our house has a major sweet tooth (Chase hasn't had any sweets, yet, but I'm SURE he will love them like the rest of us). I also love to bake, so it's a win-win. Here are our favorite 5 desserts…that have also gotten rave reviews from friends and family! (Click the names to see the recipes)

1. One bowl brownies - these are what I make when I need a last minute dessert because I always have all of the ingredients on hand. It's super quick to make, and bonus is that I use exactly one (adjustable) measuring spoon, 1 measuring cup, 1 bowl, and 1 spatula. So I also make these if I don't want to deal with a bunch of dirty dishes. Seriously, if you like your brownies to be fudge-like, try these! You will need a glass 8x8 dish, though.

2. Cookie cake - this is Logan's favorite dessert! I also make these for birthday parties and it is often requested when my friends get together for a girls' night in. People are surprised when they find out I made it from scratch!
This one has icing over it, but trust me, it's a cookie cake!
3. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - these are my favorite! In order to not eat all of them in a few days (because I would), I freeze some of the cookie dough…already scooped out to make it easier to bake later.

4. Chocolate chip dip - this is yet another requested dessert when we get together with friends. It's super unhealthy (fair warning), but oh my goodness, so good. And super easy to make. I serve it with animal crackers!

5. Sugar cookies - these are another favorite of Logan's! His aunt makes them every holiday so she passed along her recipe when we got married. We started the tradition of making these during Advent on Gaudete Sunday. Landon loved decorating them! I also made them recently for a play date so all the kids could decorate some. (Okay, so I couldn't find a similar recipe online because there are sooooo many variations…but if you want to try this one let me know and I can email it to you! It has almond extract which makes them awesome.)

Our new Advent tradition!
Decorating a cookie last week when friends were over
Now go make one of these desserts! It's still Easter, after all :) And don't forget to check out more faves at Jenna's place!

8 comments:

  1. I think the main reason I don't bake much is the mess. So, those brownies...I'm looking right at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal chocolate chip is my favorite, too! And I do the exact same thing with freezing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I'm still at the basic level of learning to cook and bake, but these seem totally doable! Definitely pinning this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!
    Now...any healthyish meal ideas to offer? Dawn is visiting tomorrow night and she doesn't do dairy...everything I can think of includes cheese!
    Lauren
    Here We Geaux


    Subject: Re: Comment on Into Your Will: Sweet tooth, baby (5Faves)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like carrots? I have this awesome carrot soup I make…

    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rice-and-carrot-soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do but Alex isn't the fondest of carrots (or beans -UGH). I'll ask Alex if he would eat it... This could be a decent plan because I have two quarts of chicken broth in the freezer and I have been trying to think of a way to use it.
    Lauren
    Here We Geaux


    Subject: Re: Comment on Into Your Will: Sweet tooth, baby (5Faves)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...