"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, April 18, 2015

This blogging thing

I've been thinking a lot lately about blogging and how I want to change things up. Logan and I started this blog after we lost Levi to keep family and friends updated on test results and how we were dealing with the situation (do any of y'all remember when Logan used to post too??). I can't believe that was over 5 years ago.

Of course, the blog's content has changed some, as we went from trying-to-conceive and being foster parents, to finally conceiving again and having eventful pregnancies.

I will always post about my kids (because they're adorable, let's be honest), but I'm feeling like I want to balance things out a little bit. It seems like my posts consist of either mostly pictures or just words with no pictures at all. So I think I'm going to stop doing my weekly picture posts - “our week in pictures” - because a lot of times it keeps me from posting other stuff. Like my crazy thoughts.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. But I do know that I consider the “theme” of my blog all about embracing God's will for my life, not only in the big things but also in the seemingly trivial things. I want to write more about that.

I haven't really tried to grow my blog or make money from it - although I'm not opposed to that - I'm just not sure how much time and effort I want to put into doing all of that. I just want to write!

So! If you have any suggestions/comments/whatever about how to keep this blog balanced and not boring, please tell me. :)

P.S. I changed the header (is that what it's called?? under the title) because I wanted it to be related to the blog title (can't remember why we named it that? Read this). I also changed the little part under my picture to the right and added a picture of Logan so he's not neglected. Check it out!
The hubs and me at the French Quarter Fest last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...