"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 15, 2015

Instagram, 5K run, and books (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I'm on Instagram now! SUPER late to the 'gram party, I know. And everyone was right - it's totally more fun than Facebook. So go follow me so I can have more than 30 followers ;)

In other news, I managed to put fancy social media buttons on my sidebar all by myself. It might be a little sad how proud I am of that. Because for the last 5+ years I've just blogged without worrying about all that fancy stuff. But I'm trying to be better! Little by little.

2. Happenings this week

We ran a 5K on Saturday! And I hurt my foot somehow. Eh. But our team was the top fundraising team!! #WNLC #savethebabies

Logan worked on Mother's Day, but thankfully it was during the day…so when he got home we visited his parents and then ate at our favorite Mexican place for dinner! It was a busier than normal week but full of fun - babysitting my cousin's kids, trip to the library, playdate with friends, church playgroup. I ran a few errands with the boys today too!

3. Pictures you haven't seen

We recently bought an outside table with chairs, so we've been spending many meals outside. It's been lovely. I don't know why it took us so long to do that!


Since Logan worked on Mother's Day, I was all like, no dishes for me! Paper products, yo. (But really it was just because I didn't feel like unloading the clean dishes out of the dishwasher first)

4. What I'm reading

  • Rosaries Aren't Just for Teething - I've only read 4 of the reflections so far, but I'm loving everyone's different takes on the mysteries!
  • The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Grahame) - I checked this out from the library for Landon, based on a recommendation…without realizing it was a chapter book. So now I'm just reading it myself. It's pretty entertaining, I have to say!
  • I finished Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves (Jason Evert) and am still trucking through Voice in the Wind, Mark of the Lion Book 1 (Francine Rivers), which I'm actually enjoying now.

5. What I'm thankful for
  • My goofy boys
  • It's almost summer!!! 
  • The Holy Spirit and its awesomeness

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Guidance to know what God is asking of our family right now
  • Our friends having babies this year, especially the ones who will be first-time parents
  • Those still in the trenches of infertility, especially our close friends (I'm looking at you, Lauren. Love you!)

7. Words that spoke to me this week
"There is a certain simplicity of heart which is the perfection of all perfections. This is found when our soul fixes her glance solely upon God." -St. Francis de Sales

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

1 comment:

  1. No kidding!

    Lauren
    Here We Geaux


    Subject: Re: Comment on Into Your Will: 5 things that have been making our marriage better

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...