"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Making time for the things I love (7QT)

I know I'm like way late posting this'tis life sometimes.

1. Random thoughts
I've been thinking a lot about how I (and I'm sure many of y'all too) always say "I want to write a book one day" or "I want to be able to do XYZ more often"…and what I've realized is the only thing stopping me from doing those things is MYSELF. Sure, sometimes seasons of life don't leave much spare time, but most of the time, I don't have time to do something because I'm not making time to do it. Ya feel me? So! Instead of falling into the Internet time suck, I'm making more time to do things that I really want to do.

2. Happenings this week

Lots going on! I feel like we've done nothing and everything in the past 9 days: babysitting for friends (twice), TWO gender reveals (so many people are due beginning of October!), birthday party, library trip, friends visiting, and I don't remember what else. Logan and I even got to go to the movies Monday morning for a little impromptu date! Life is good, y'all.

3. Pictures you haven't seen

I forgot to mention that Logan let me have a little me-time one day this week and it was oh.so.lovely. Lunch with a friend, a little shopping, and some quiet time at a coffee shop. I don't think the boys missed me though, because this is what they did while I was gone:




#bestdadever #besthubbytoo

4. What I'm reading
  • The Help (Kathryn Stockett) - the month of May is almost over and I almost forgot to read my book for the 2015 reading challenge! The category is "a book your mom loves" and my mom gave me 2 choices - The Help and To Kill a Mockingbird. I've read both before and was excited about reading one again! I'll probably read the latter too eventually, but so far I'm really enjoying a reread of The Help.
  • I shelved The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Grahame) for now. I felt like I was forcing myself to read it - but I definitely plan on reading it to Landon once he's actually interested in chapter books!
  • Voice in the Wind (Francine Rivers) and Rosaries Aren't Just For Teething - ongoing
5. What I'm thankful for
  • New friendships, old friendships, and everything in between
  • Extra graces
6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • For the Holy Spirit to guide our family
  • Friends trying to figure out medical issues

7. Words that spoke to me this week
"First do what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...