"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 1, 2015

So much to do and so little time (7QT)

1. Random thoughts
I have a problem with starting too many projects at once. Right now, they include (but aren't limited to): decluttering, revamping ye olde blog, painting and repurposing furniture, and creating a craft closet. So much to do and so little time to do it!


2. Happenings this week

Trip to the library, church playgroup, etc…it was a pretty average week. Logan and I also went on a date and it was lovely!


3. Pictures you haven't seen

 This boy makes me want 10 more babies
 My poor dog…(they totally stayed like that for awhile)
Photography by Logan ;)

4. What I'm reading

  • Voice in the Wind, Mark of the Lion Book 1 (Francine Rivers) - this started off slow because so many characters were introduced and I was confusedbut maybe it's also because I started reading it without knowing what the heck it's about. It's getting better though!
  • Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves (Jason Evert) - I read half of this last year, was loving it, and then lost it somehow. While decluttering, I found it, and read it for like an hour today because it was so good! Seriously, JPII is amazing. I love him.

5. What I'm thankful for
  • Both boys napping at the same time today! Miracle!! Seriously, I can probably count on one hand the number of times that has happened. And I definitely sat my booty down and read most of that time.
  • That Logan and I are finally figuring out this marriage thing
  • My parents, who celebrated 33 years of marriage last week!

6. What's on my heart and in my prayers
  • Our country
  • All married couples


7. Words that spoke to me this week
"When we have once placed ourselves entirely in the hands of God, we need fear no evil. If adversity comes, he knows how to turn it to our advantage, by means which will be in time made clear to us." -St. Vincent de Paul

Go see Kelly for more quick takes!

4 comments:

  1. I have been using GTD (Getting Things Done) lately. David Allen is big on the concept of the initial brain dump, and he's like, "Write down all those half-finished projects you have around the house!" Your #1 reminded me of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google David Allen because I've never heard of him...and oh my goodness, GTD sounds like just what I need! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 more babies? ...Yes, yes yes!!! (Obviously I'll just live vicariously through you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! We will see what God says about that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...