"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Answer Me This and my new favorite show on Netflix

I'm pretty excited that Kendra is bringing back Answer Me This for the summer. It brings me back to last summer when I was so very pregnant and trying not to go into labor watching the men's World Cup games. Soccer is the best, y'all.

1. Any big plans for the summer?

Yes!! Watching the women's World Cup, baby. That's pretty much all our excitement in June now that Landon's birthday and our anniversary has passed, but July will be pretty crazy/fun/full. We're having a joint birthday party for Landon and Chase, Logan and I are attending our 10-year high school reunion, and we're going on a little vacation with my parents, siblings and their families. It's also my birthday month! Chase's too, and I can't believe the little guy will be a year old. *sigh*

Oh! We're also going to the beach with friends in August. :) These friends:
Plus another family of 5 who left before we took this picture last year. Plus a baby that has exited the womb since then and another one in the womb (not mine, just saying)! Gotta love Catholic families.

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is that a big giant bunny delivered Easter eggs in our backyard.  But I feel silly saying that since a lot of people do the whole bunny thing (which is totally fine. We just do the Easter egg hunts and leave the bunny out of it.) I still have vivid memories as a kid of waiting for one of those department store Easter bunnies to hop through our backyard. 


3. What is your favorite amusement park ride? (can be a specific one at a specific park or just a type of ride)

Rollercoasters! That's why Logan and I went to Busch Gardens for our honeymoon. Maybe that's lame but...oh well. We went to the beach too.


4. What's on your summer reading list?

Kristin Lavransdatter! Seriously, this book [trilogy] has been talked up so much by Catholic bloggers that it better deliver. IT BETTER. I'm only on page 74 so far (out of 1124! yikes) and have to say I like it so far.

I'm also trying to finish a fiction trilogy by Francine Rivers, Mark of the Lion. But I'm only on Book One still so that probably won't happen. And I really don't read much fiction to begin with and I feel like I reached my fiction limit for the year already...so I'm not sure how this fiction-filled summer will go. Wish me luck.


5. Have you ever fallen asleep in public?

Yep. Not on purpose, though. I've fallen asleep in mass (oops) and even during a Christian concert as a kid. In the front row. I went to see Jaci Velasquez, who was my fave at the time, but Clay Crosse was the headliner and I didn't know any of his songs so...snooze.


6. What is your favorite smell?

COFFEE. And lots and lots of it. I love the taste too, of course.

------
And now for some randomness...

I really haven't been watching TV too much lately, but my SIL told me about the show "When Calls the Heart" on Netflix and I'm loving it. You will too if you like 19th century stuff. I loooooove Elizabeth Thatcher's dresses. (The show is based on Janette Oke's book series)

Also, Logan and I saw Jurassic World on our anniversary and it was pretty awesome. I love Chris Pratt.

A couple of links I loved this week:

If you're into podcasts, I'm LOVING the new Little House Mothering one. 

Go check out Kendra's answers (and the links she shared, I loved them both) and everyone else's posts!

9 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Kristin Lavransdatter, but it took a few tries for me to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love When Calls the Heart. It reminds me a little bit of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (of which I may or may not own every episode ever made).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I was afraid of...I had a friend say she couldn't get into it. But so far I'm pleasantly surprised at the writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! It's been a LONG time since I've seen Dr. Quinn so I don't remember it. But now you're making me want to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those kids! You guys are going to have such a blast at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! We're looking forward to it :) It can get a little crazy since we all stay in the same house, but it's SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex and I really want to vacation with your family one day! I can just about imagine all the trouble he and Logan would get into if they were cooped up together. :-p Also, I never got around to answering these questions on my own blog but Alex and Austin (my brother) seem to get a kick out of the idea that I was afraid of Santa as a kid (BECAUSE WHO WANTS A STRANGE MAN SNEAKING INTO THEIR HOUSE OVERNIGHT????). For this reason, I would be a-ok not doing Easter Bunny or Santa in our home either. And because you will also like this tidbit about me - I intentionally laid on the floor someplace in Disney World and took a nap...Disney is SO not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we will totally vacation together one day!! Logan and I talk about that all the time. :) but maybe it won't be to Disney World for your sake LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...