"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The men in my life...Answer Me This!

Father's Day edition of Answer Me This! Click over to Catholic All Year afterwards to read everybody else's answers! I really enjoyed doing that last week.

1. What's the best thing about your dad?


He's so funny! Like really. He can always make me laugh. He's really smart too...but I guess that makes two things.

Thanks to Photography by Louis (my awesome wedding photographer) for this gem

2. If you've got kids, what's the best thing about THEIR dad?


Logan plays SO well with our boys. I love watching them!
That's Landon as a baby...not Chase
And I'm realizing now that maybe this question didn't intend to be answered specifically relating to our kids. So maybe I should say that the best thing about Logan is that he makes life FUN. There is never a dull moment with this man! Seriously. He's a walking party and has really helped me loosen up over the years!
I'm having way too much fun looking at our wedding pictures!



3. What's the best advice your dad ever gave you?


"Just walk away." Kidding. Although he did tell me that a few days ago when Logan and I looked at a minivan and the sales people wouldn't go low enough on the price!

Okay, seriously...my dad has given me lots of advice because I ask his opinion on everything - so it's hard to just say one thing. So let's just say he is really good at reminding me to focus on the important things in life and to not let certain things get to me. (I told you he's smart.)


4. What's something you have in common with your dad?


We both have the tendency to tell it like it is. So don't ask us something if you don't want to know how we really feel ;) (and that's exactly why I ask his opinion on everything!)
Ah! Can't believe this was almost a year ago!!


5. What's the manliest thing you know how to do?


I wish I could say I knew how to change the oil in my car or something, but I think I have to stick with handling a drill.


6. Who is your favorite fictional dad?


For some reason the first that popped into my head is Steve Carell's character, Dan, in the movie "Dan in Real Life". He's just so funny without intending to be and he really just wants the best for his daughters! I love that movie.

-----
Happy Father's Day!! Remember to say a prayer for all those who don't have their dads with them anymore, and for those who really want to be fathers themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Your wedding looks like it was a lot of fun. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally was! I would love to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun! Hopefully we'll get the chance to do something like it next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...